AngelHack's HACKcelerator is a 12-week virtual accelerator program for winners of a AngelHack Hackathon series event. At the end of the program, select teams will have a chance to fly to San Francisco for Global Demo Day and the opportunity to pitch their new Startup to a room of investors.
Engineers, designers and tech enthusiasts of any level, particularly those who have ideas impacting the world by leveraging tech innovation.
It's not a problem. Besides creating great solutions, this event is a chance to have fun and make new like-minded friends.
A laptop and a spirit for frontier tech innovation (both are essential).
Enter as many challenges as you wish. There are no limits. Also note, if your project fits the criteria it can be submitted for more than one challenge.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided on Day 1, and on Day 2 breakfast and lunch are provided. Beside these main meals, other refreshments and snacks will be available.
No. All participants need to make their own travel arrangements.
Our venue will be open overnight and we expect to see team members taking the odd power nap.
No. Participants can sign up as an individual or as a team.
No more than 5 people per team.
It’s quite normal to find teammates at the beginning of the Hackathon. See the schedule for details as to when you all come together.
There are no limits. Build anything from hardware to software.
- Fresh Code – We all start coding at the same time. It’s cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but keep things within fair limits.
- Code Review – Winning teams may be subject to a code review at some point following the event or immediately before winning. This is to ensure that all code used is in fact fresh.
- Ownership and IP – You own your IP and whatever you create.
- Team Size – No more than five people.
- Submissions– Each hackathon has its individual hackathon.io page where projects need to be submitted by the designated time. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to do that.
- Demos– You’ll have 2 minutes to demo the functionality of your project and talk through your idea, and 1 minute for Q&A from judges.
If your team already has a product, you need to build a new feature for it for it to eligible.
Be cool to your fellow hackers! Check out our Code of Conduct.
Entry to the event is totally free of charge.
Each submission will be scored in each round based on the following criteria with a minimum score of 0 and a maximum score of 25 points, with the final score being the average of the judges’ scores:
- Fundability: How fundable is this idea? Is there potential for a sustainable business model? Is this scalable? (0-5 points)
- Execution: How well was the project executed and explained? Did they add a demo video? (0-5 points)
- UI/UX:Beyond design, was the end-to-end user experience for the solution considered? (0-5 points)
- Originality: How original, creative or unique is the idea? Is there a competitive advantage? (0-5 points)
- Scalability: Is there a diverse team presented? Do they have a range of complementary skill sets for the project? (0-5 points)